About Me

My photo
I live on a ranch in West Texas, where my husband, son, and I raise a few cattle. Our only crop is feed for the cows and my husband insists he is a "rancher" rather than a "farmer," although the place we now call home used to be his grandfather's farm. I drive 75 miles to Abilene for my job as a University librarian. I love the job and the drive.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

23 Things: Thing 2

The 7 1/2 habits were more approachable than I expected; not to say "simpler," but rather that I could relate them to myself more easily than I expected. The one habit I must work on is having the confidence in myself that I am competent enough to learn these new technology things. I've set up a blog! Hurray! And now it's out there for everyone to see...that's when the confidence tends to diminish.

The major thought I have about life-long learning was emphasized by the last "habit" - play. To me it means "be curious." Take the time to follow your curiosity. Time, of course, being one of the challenges, but just imagine, where that curiosity could take me.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing a great job learning the new technology. Don't be afraid to make mistakes or ask questions to others in the 23 things learning community. Later in the program, they will encourage you to comment on others blogs like I am doing right now. I had to overcome my fear of not being "worthy" of commenting on other's blogs because of my fear of having nothing interesting to say. Your curiosity will be a strength as you take on these challenges. I am on Thing #15 and while it is a challenge, I am also having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete