About Me

My photo
I live on a ranch in West Texas, where my husband, son, and I raise a few cattle. Our only crop is feed for the cows and my husband insists he is a "rancher" rather than a "farmer," although the place we now call home used to be his grandfather's farm. I drive 75 miles to Abilene for my job as a University librarian. I love the job and the drive.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, my confidence suffered a little with the avatar problem. I had tried to use the Picture gadget, but kept getting the message that my URL was invalid. Finally, I downloaded my avatar to my computer and then added it as a picture. Whew! Now I'm ready for some more Things!

5 comments:

  1. Which university in Abilene? I grew up near Lubbock and graduated from Tech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got the avatar figured out. I enjoyed Thing 6-Mashups and Third Party sites.
    My husband's family live in Merkle, Sweetwater and Buffalo Gap. Look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your blog interesting, as I am also in West Texas (Tuscola) but I graduated from high school at Rule. I'm no expert at all this Web 2.0 stuff, but I would encourage you to keep going and don't let the Avatar thing get in your way. I am learning so much from these 23 Things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to ACU, so was interested to see you are a univ. librarian. Good job figuring out the avatar thing. Your brain is growing and you will get better and better at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to the "west Texas farm girl." I grew up on a ranch in Menard County and most of my schooling was in San Angelo. Now I find myself challenged by the same things that have baffled you. Keep going! I am learning new web "stuff" with every discovery, and I'm also learning about myself and how to manage time on this enormous, expanding, quicksand-like web! Good Luck! -Marty

    ReplyDelete