About Me

My photo
I live on a ranch in West Texas, where my husband, son, and I raise a few cattle. Our only crop is feed for the cows and my husband insists he is a "rancher" rather than a "farmer," although the place we now call home used to be his grandfather's farm. I drive 75 miles to Abilene for my job as a University librarian. I love the job and the drive.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing 11 - LibraryThing

Super easy! I created an account and added 5 books to _my_ library in about a minute. I think each search for my book records took less than 2 seconds. I checked out the groups and there are several that I could join: Medieval Europe; Historical fiction; Crime, Thriller and Mystery; and Poetry Fool. I have several friends with huge book collections that NEED LibraryThing and now that I know how it works, I'll be leading them to it. This is THE thing for booklovers and reading lovers. And I can see small libraries using it also, in fact, our local zoo was looking for a way to organize their small collection - perhaps they could use this.

No comments:

Post a Comment